I am excited to welcome you to our small, quaint, studio. I start with an in-depth hair and image consultation and take my time to create a personalized, relaxing experience. To help you maximize your time here, here’s what to expect.
As an image consultant and hairstylist, we specialize in complete makeovers. Allison will give her expert opinion for what you need for a complete transformation. Therefore, we do not offer single services for initial appointments (i.e. root touch-ups, highlights, single process, etc.), but when a client needs several things addressed we try to bring the price down so Allison can get hair to its optimal results.
- First Appointment Discount: Our new clients receive 5% off services for your first appointment if paid in cash. (ATM located downstairs at Jack in the Box).
- Consultations: Consultations are only given with booked appointments.
- Scheduling and Cancellations: When scheduling your appointment, we require a credit card hold of $250. No money is put on your card. You must cancel before 72 hours to keep your deposit.
- Time: PLEASE SET ASIDE AT LEAST 4 (FOUR) HOURS FOR YOUR FIRST VISIT – MORE FOR LONGER HAIR. If you have long and/or thicker hair, plan for extra time. This is your time to treat yourself. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY TIME CONSTRAINTS (like picking up your children) after your experience so you do not feel rushed or distracted from enjoying your time here. If you have to make plans, make plans to go out with friends and enjoy your new look.
- Price*: A full list of our cut and color prices can be found here. A precision dry haircut and color (root touchup), highlights, low lights, a gloss topcoat and a rich hydrating hair mask, and blow dry for short hair starts at around $350 and increases for longer and/or thicker hair. 5% cash discount (ATM located in Jack in the Box below the studio). If you would care for light makeup and a mini photoshoot, available on initial visit only, please add $125.
- Doctors Orders: Due to a serious rotator cuff injury, I am unable to do hair past armpit length. Hair can start at any length, it needs to end up at armpit length. Exceptions can be made for extremely fine hair. I am so sorry to all my long hair sisters.
- Location: Our quaint, 300 square foot studio is located at the top of a long stairway in an older building (that has seen better days) on the corner of Kapahulu and Date Street above Starbucks.
- Parking: Parking is located behind my salon and is shared by Jamba Juice and Starbucks. Once you park, walk to Kapahulu Avenue, and I am located above Starbucks (stairs are located between Starbucks and Edward Jones). You can also park in a paid parking lot located one and a half blocks toward Diamond Head, across the street. If you bring your parking stub with you, we will reimburse your parking ticket.
*Our prices reflect the other master stylists in Honolulu.
*Please note: longer and/or thicker hair requires more product and time; therefore, the price will go up.